We’re sick! (as in ‘cool’ or ‘awesome’)
We are proud that in May 2018 (and 2015) Ofsted rated us GOOD.
On 17th May we have been rated Good in all categories. Again! Mrs Hill was delighted with the outcome and says that, “this report is a formal recognition of the commitment of all who work at the pre-school to ensure all the children enjoy their time with us and achieve to the best of their ability, and testament to the extremely positive attitudes demonstrated by the children to learning and play and to their parents’ unstinting support for the pre-school.”
2015 “Summary of key findings for parents
- Children play in a very happy atmosphere. This is because they form strong bonds with staff from the start. Staff teach them how to behave well and get along with others. Children are emotionally settled and know how to manage their own behaviour.
- Children are engaged in their learning because staff provide a good range of activities and opportunities for children to explore.
- Staff provide excellent support for children who speak English as an additional language. They give children individual instructions for activities using signing and pictures. Children are making rapid progress in their communication skills.
- Partnership with parents is highly successful. Staff are extremely proficient in exchanging information about children’s progress with parents. Parents take part in the play rota and use a range of different electronic methods to keep staff informed about their children’s learning at home.
- All staff demonstrate a good understanding of their roles and responsibilities to safeguard children. They regularly discuss different aspects of the good safeguarding procedures. This ensures staff know the procedures well and use them effectively to show high regard for children’s well-being.”
Full details our current and previous Ofsted reports can be found HERE