Welcome from Manager, Wendy Perkins – Welcome to St. Luke’s pre-school. Please take a few minutes to read the following for your own safety and welfare and that of the children and others at the pre-school. Please feel free to approach any member of staff if you have any concerns or questions.
- Visitors record – please ensure that you sign in and sign out.
- Visitors are welcomed into the pre-school on the condition that they will comply with and follow, ‘St. Luke’s Pre-school Policies and Procedures to safeguard and promote the welfare of children’, the folder containing all these is available upon request.
- The following are extracts from our, ‘Safety Policy and Procedures’:
“Environment – Fire doors are never obstructed and fire exits are easily identifiable.
No iPads – are allowed on the pre-school premises, but if they are brought in, they must be handed to a member of staff who will place them securely in the store cupboard, to be returned at the end of the session.
Mobile phones – All staff and adults (students, parents/carers, visitors) upon arrival at the pre-school will place their mobile phone in the tray on the counter from where it can be collected at the end of the session.”
- Health and Safety – The following are extracts from our, ‘Health and Hygiene Policy and Procedure’:
“No smoking – no smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes) is allowed anywhere in the building. No smoking is allowed in the outside play areas (including the grassed area to the front) when children are present or about to be present.
Personal hygiene – hands washed after using the toilet – staff and children.”
- Toileting – You may take your own child to the toilet, but only after advising a member of staff before doing so and only when there are no other children in the toilets. See ‘Toileting Procedure’ in policies and procedures folder.
- All adults (visitors, parents/carers) should use the disabled toilet.
- Emergency procedure– In the event of an emergency the procedure is:
- The alarm (whistle) is sounded by a staff member at the nearest available safe exit.
- Each staff member, including parents/carers, will ensure that the children line up at the nearest available safe exit.
- Everyone should assemble in the far corner of the car park area for an immediate ‘headcount’ and register.
Thank you for visiting and please do come again.